Friday 3 October 2014

Timing is all important - can I make it perfect?

234

When is the best time to set up my estate agency? I've thought about the perfect timing, but obviously there's no such thing as a perfect time to start a business. I want everything to be set up, ready to rock and roll from day 1 with no pending issues.

In my view, the housing market is split into two main areas of high trade. We have the post-Winter, early Spring market that peaks in and around Easter. The second starts as the kids go back to school in September where people want to make their move before Christmas.

My current plan is to open in May to start taking on property instructions ready to sell to the 2nd wave described above, the September to Christmas market.

I believe that this is the slightly smaller if the 2 markets, but you've got to start somewhere and I'm not confident that I'd be ready for the first market, which would mean starting early in the New Year to have taken on property instructions ready to sell houses at Easter.

I hope this goes some way to explaining my decision to pick a certain date, which is now only 234 days away…

No comments:

Post a Comment